Daywalk e-Gel Silica Gel Sachets | Silica Transformer Breather
e-Gel desiccant is and excellent alternative to blue (cobalt chloride) indicating silica gel. e-Gel indicates an orange colour when active and changes to dark green when the desiccant becomes saturated. As with non-indicating silica-gel, the material is a refined form of silica gel which is produced by the reaction of a mineral acid, usually sulphuric, and a sodium silicate solution. The beads are impregnated with safe organic indicator which changes colour as the desiccant becomes saturated. e-Gel is capable of absorbing up to approximately 30% of its own weight of water.
Two Applications for Silica Gel: Daywalk e-Gel
500 e-Gel Silica Gel Sachets
These Silica Gel e-Gel Sachets can be used as a drying agent for packaging.
Daywalk e-Gel Sachets are available in the following sizes:
- Desiccant Bags 100g with Window (09-SEG100G)
- Desiccant Bags 500g with Window (09-SEG500G)
- Desiccant Bags 1000g with Window (09-SEG1000G)
Silica Gel can be used to fill Transformer Breathers at Electrical Power Stations.
- A non-cobalt based indicator for monitoring moisture.
- The indicator changes colour from Orange to Dark Green once moisture begins to penetrate.
- It will finally reach a dark green colour when moisture content reaches 80%.
- Non-carcinogenic product, and environmentally friendlier.
- Can be disposed off safely–refer your local council.
- Can be used in both non-oil bath and oil-bath breathers.
- Transformer breathers (approximately 1kg e-Gel to 3000L Oil)
- 1kg of e-Gel suitable for 1m3 of void for 6-12 months, depending on humidty levels.
FAQs on CamLock Straps
Can I get Custom Branded CamLocks for a project I am working on?
Yes, Custom Branding is open to you – ask our team today!
What is the load rating of CamLock Straps?
50mm wide strap – Break Strain Rating – 50mm – 500daN +/- 5%
25mm wide strap – Break Strain Rating – 25mm – 250daN +/- 5%
How does the lever work?
See the above video.
Does the CamLock save time?
Yes – your team saves time by not having to constantly cut, dispose and restrap pallets each time you access goods from that pallet.